Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Astronomicon

Apologies for the silence lately. Partly this has been because I'm working full-time at Seagate this summer (I'd tell you more, but it's all confidential) and partly because I'm developing a game this summer!


Yeah, this is my game: Astronomicon. (I still can't believe that name wasn't taken) It's a retro-style space shooter; for those of you who have fond memories of playing Phoenix on your TI graphing calculator, you'll love this. It's getting to be pretty playable, with most of the basic engine and a sweet HUD implemented as the screenshots show.


I'm hoping to have the programming part all done by the end of summer, at which point the game can be designed with config files. It's already pretty fun blowing enemies up with guided missiles and such and I can't wait to see what will become of the functionality I'm putting into it.


Updates on the game, including the latest source code and a wiki, can be found on the Google Code page. Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment