Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Request for Comments

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
Even if I am somehow able to write 4000 words about predestination in a matter of hours, blogging is tough. Picking worthwhile subjects to blog about is a constant challenge, and even when I do, I am haunted by the fear that I'm merely posting them for my own gratification and not to edify others. (The desire of 1 Corinthians 13:1-2, 14:4, Ephesians 4:29, &c.) It was enough for me back when I started this blog over two years ago as a kind of pressure-relief valve for my brain, but not anymore. The challenges of 1 Corinthians 13:2 continues to haunt me.

What lies behind both these challenges, I think, is a lack of feedback. Looking over my list of posts, none of them have any comments. I'm not angry or trying to blame anyone for this, just earnestly wondering why this is. I sometimes feel like I'm posting in an echo chamber, making it easy to get carried away and yet have no impact. I could write a huge, convincing, well-worded, heavily researched (maybe) treatise expounding on my thoughts about free will and really enjoy it, but accomplish nothing of value. This sense of nonaccomplishment is even more acute for posts on subjects other than faith, which is part of why I do fewer of them.

I'd like to do something about this. I've lately been quite inspired by a blog run by one of my pastors, justcor, which is heavily focused on fostering and sharing conversation about faith, culture, the church, and leadership--a dialogue to my blog's monologue. I don't want my blog to be a lone voice, but a place for this kind of conversation. So now I open things up to you, the reader. What do you like about my blog? What would you like to see change? What would you like to read more of? What would you like to hear about and talk about? Am I just a glutton for the affirmation of my peers? Please, comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment