Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hitting the Bulls-eye

At work today,an image of concentric circles popped into my mind, like a bulls-eye or that one target-shaped logo. Each layer corresponds to a different way I have related to God (or not), getting worse the farther out you go. In fact, an extremely abridged form of my testimony would be the story of my slow, tortuous journey from the outside of these circles to the innermost one. (With lots of backtracking involved) Maybe this just applies to me and other people would label the circles differently, but just in case it helps, I'm reposting what I drew, with my usual complete disregard for aesthetics.


It kind of gives new meaning to the teaching you hear about sin being "missing the mark". Only the innermost circle will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment