Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

In the News 1

Yesterday came some pretty big news. For those of you even more distant from mass media than I, notorious al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, the world's most wanted man for almost ten years, was finally caught and killed yesterday. Since then, I'm not sure what's bugged me more: the people cheering "USA! USA!", or those shushing the celebration and insisting that this is a tragic event. Ultimately, though, I find myself agreeing with the shushers. True, the world is probably a safer place now. But the world is still filled with evil. It's tragic that bin Laden killed so many people with his agenda of hatred and violence, and it's tragic that it had to end this way. Guns and explosives can't make the world a better place, in the sense of "better" I truly believe in. Only the Gospel can.
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? - Ezekial 18:23

No comments:

Post a Comment