Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Reading List

Today the unthinkable happened: I finished the last book on my reading list. There are a few other books I'm planning on reading, but they're all on hold for various reasons. So I'm opening my choice on what to read next up. Please suggest books for me. Bonus points if you offer a compelling argument on why I should read them or can lend them to me. To give an idea of what I've already read and what I enjoy, here is a sample of the books I've read:

Favorite authors:
Everything by Neal Stephenson
Everything by C.S. Lewis that you would suggest
Blue Like Jazz, Searching for God Knows What, Through Painted Deserts - Donald Miller

Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
The Lord of the Rings; The Hobbit; The Silmarillion; The Children of Hurin - J.R.R. Tolkien
Dragonlance Chronicles; Legends - Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis
Lots of Star Wars novels

Math/Science:
Chaos; Genius - James Gleick
Godel, Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - Douglas Hofstadter
The Fire in the Equations - Kitty Ferguson

Theology:
The Mortification of Sin in Believers; The Nature and Power of Temptation; Indwelling Sin - John Owen
Desiring God; Future Grace; Don't Waste Your Life; When I Don't Desire God - John Piper
Knowledge of the Holy - Aiden Wilson Tozer
Crazy Love - Francis Chan
There Is A God - Antony Flew

Apologetics:
Reasonable Faith - William Lane Craig
The Reason for God - Tim Keller

I have a bunch more at home that I can't recall now, but they tend to fall into these categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment