Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Diablo III (not a review)

With the releases of Mass Effect 3 and Diablo III this year, I've been doing a lot of critical thinking about the game industry recently. This is a topic I could (and hope to) go into a lot of detail on. I'm not nearly as serious a gamer as I used to be; partly this is because I have less time and other things to do now compared to 10th grade, and partly it's because thanks to ongoing trends increasingly few games are worth it for me. In general, the gaming experienced (at least for big-ticket games) is becoming increasingly publisher-oriented instead of gamer-oriented. For now, I will leave you with this article about how the biggest problem with Diablo III isn't the constant server problems but the fact that you now need servers to play a single-player game at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment